Convert CSV format files to QIF for Quicken Import
CSV2QIF Converter (CSV to QIF)
- Convert CSV files downloaded from your bank, credit card, or brokerage to QIF format suitable for Quicken input
- Small, lightweight, multi-platform, and simple to use
- CSV2QIF runs on your desktop without requiring any password information or access to your accounts.
What can I do with CSV2QIF?
- Download transactions from banks or brokerages that do not support QFX or Quicken direct download and import into Quicken
- Edit Quicken transactions with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program and re-import into Quicken.
- Load security lists from Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program into Quicken
- Load account and category lists from Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program into Quicken
- Load memorized payees from Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program into Quicken.
- Load stock price data from Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program into Quicken
Can I try before purchasing?
Yes. CSV2QIF is free to download and try. The trial version will write only the first 10 transactions to the QIF file.
What Do I Need?
- You need to have Java installed on your computer - its a free and easy download at java.com.
- And obviously you ought to have a program that reads QIF files. Programs that do that include Quicken, Microsoft Money, Moneydance, AceMoney, and GnuCash. However, Quicken Essentials for Mac does not read QIF files – you will need CSV2QFX instead.
- Depending on your usage, it might be useful to have a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, or use a web based spreadsheet such as Google Docs.
Why import QIF rather than QFX?
- You can import account lists, category lists, memorized transactions, security lists, and security prices.
- Transactions can have categories and splits assigned in the CSV file.
- You can import multiple accounts from a single CSV file.
- You can import into any account, even for financial institutions that Quicken download does not support.
CSV2QIF exe – Full install for Microsoft Windows platforms
CSV2QIF zip – Portable zip file to be extracted, suitable for any platform with Java (Windows, MAC OS X, Linux, Unix)